9 Months old and growing like a weed. She is somehow in the 90th percentile for height! Not sure how that happened. Her current weight is 18 lbs. 13 oz. (59th percentile) and her height is 29″. When I hold Ella now, I feel like she’s half my size. It sometimes feels awkward holding such a ‘big’ baby. Oh how the months fly by. Ella’s personality has taken a life all its own. She definitely owns us now. Lol.
Our baby girl is sooooo close to walking. She has a new little shopping cart that she can push all by herself! (Early bday present from Gramma). She still likes to stand on her tippy toes, but she is starting to understand that you have to walk with flat feet. Now that she has mastered crawling, she has a funny army crawl technique where she uses one of her legs to push off of and go super fast. Ella’s new favorite things to do is scrunch her nose and sniff with her eyes closed. I am not quite sure what she is trying to do, but it’s the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. Ella learned to wave “hi” and “bye”, she gives kisses when you ask for one (hasn’t nailed the pucker just yet), loves clapping, likes spitting and drooling on purpose, especially while she eats, drinks from a sippy with a straw like a big girl & eats solid foods. My how much things change in one month. Another bottom tooth broke through, which makes that a total of eight! She is almost ready for braces 🙂 Up until this past month, Ella never cared when Ryan or I would leave the room or house, but now she throws a fit when we walk away. When I leave for work, it breaks my heart seeing her little bottom lip quiver and the tears start rolling down her face. 😦 Thank goodness it;s only 3 days a week! I couldn’t imagine being away from her any longer.
Ella’s favorite toys are her little squirter bath toys. She loves playing with them in and out of the tub. She even likes teasing Warner with them. She is seriously obsessed with that dog! Oh, and she also loves magazines, cords, cell phones & anything she isn’t supposed to play with.
Ella’s schedule is almost exactly the same as last month. That is the first time I’ve said this since she was born. Consistency has really helped us get her on a good schedule that works for all of us. Recap of last month’s schedule with slight changes:
Wakes between 6:00 and 6:30 a.m. Bottle upon waking
Cereal mixed with fruit around 8:00 a.m. followed by some playtime. Small 4 oz bottle around 9 a.m. and naptime. Ella loves her morning naps, so she typically sleeps about 1.5-2 hours. Some serious playtime when she wakes up. Lunch at 12:00 (1 veggie, 1 meat & puffs with water in a sippy). More indoor playtime since it’s so hot outside. Ella thinks AZ summers suck! She usually gets sleepy again about 1 or 2 p.m. and eats a 6 oz bottle before falling asleep. Her afternoon naps are a little longer than last month- usually about an hour.
Dinner between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. (1 veggie, 1 meat). Playtime after dinner, followed by a bath, story, bottle and bed at 6:30 p.m. Whew! Long day
And finally, here is 9 month old happy blue eyed girl, Ella Grayce. This girl has some serious personality.
9 Month Favs:
- North States Supergate Easy Close Metal Gate: I love these gates for their functionality and ease of use. Plus, Ella loves using the gate to pull herself up on and shakes it while laughing. Now that’s entertainment.
- Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Remote: This is Ella’s fav toy at the moment. She squeezes the buttons and looks as if she’s flexing her arm muscles at the same time.
- Spek iPad cover: Baby proof iPad case.
- Safety 1st Ultra Clear Outlet Plugs: Perfect ‘invisible’ outlet covers. These are mom’s fav 🙂
- Lansinoh Momma Spill Proof Cup: Ella loves drinking from a straw and this cup is cute, so there ya have it.
- Elegant Baby Squirters: Ella loves little toys and things that she can squeeze are her absolute favorite.
- Lemons: We introduced lemons a couple months ago and ever since, she has always had a thing for them. She shivers, puckers her face and still goes back for more. Crazy girl.
- Fisher Price Brilliant Basics Baby’s First Blocks: Although these shapes never make it in the bucket, Ella likes carrying them around the house and ‘sharing’ with Warner.
- Pottery Barn Kids Shopping Cart: Since she has mastered standing, next step is walking. This little shopping cart is easy for her to push on carpet without getting too far ahead of her. I think her first real steps are creeping up on us very soon.