Another month came and went. It’s so hard to keep up with our once little baby girl. Every time I look at her, I notice one more thing that’s changed. If I could slow our life down to savor each moment, I would. We are the busiest now than we’ve ever been since Ryan and I started dating. From buying a home, getting everything ready for the remodel, working a full-time job, getting married, traveling, packing up our house for the big move and being good parents to Ella. We have had little time to come up for air. But no matter how stressful life can be, our sweet girl always puts a smile on our faces and makes us laugh day in and day out. Never a dull moment around here.
Some new things she’s learned this past month include standing up unassisted, walking along the furniture using her hands, pulls herself up onto everything (and falls down of course), mastered clapping, which happens to be the cutest thing on earth. She chews puffs and sometimes gives us a scare by choking! Plus, she drinks from a sippy cup and water bottle. Three new teeth poked through, making it a total of 7 teeth at 8 months. She is using these cute little teeth of hers to bite her mommy and daddy 😉 She also responds when we say her name, usually by turning her head and grinning. She recently started mimicing what we do with our mouths by smacking her lips, sticking her tongue out and blowing spit raspberries. This month she flew on an airplane for her second time. The flight there was pretty rocky, but the flight home was perfect! She was an angel child.
Ella has the cutest little grin. It melts my heart every time. I can’t get enough of her when she scrunches her nose and laughs. Simply irresistible!
Ella’s favorite toy is hands down, her Joovy Spoon walker. She cruises around in that thing A LOT. She usually runs with her arms in the air screaming. We had to tie wife beaters around the bottom to act as bumpers because our furniture was getting scratched up. Ha! She is a runner in training.
Ella’s schedule is similar to last month. It goes something like this:
Wakes between 5:30 and 6:30 a.m. Bottle upon waking
Cereal mixed with fruit around 8:00 a.m. followed by some playtime. Small 4 oz bottle around 9 a.m. and naptime. Ella loves her morning naps, so she typically sleeps about 1.5-2 hours. Some serious playtime when she wakes up. Lunch at 12:00 (1 veggie, 1 meat & puffs with water in a sippy). More indoor playtime since it’s so hot outside. Ella thinks AZ summers suck! She usually gets sleepy again about 1 or 2 p.m. and eats a 6 oz bottle before falling asleep. Her afternoon naps are pretty short- usually last only 20-30 minutes. Just enough to give her an energy boost.
Dinner between 4:30 and 5:00 p.m. (1 veggie, 1 meat). Playtime after dinner, followed by a bath, story, bottle and bed at 6:30 p.m. Whew! Long day 🙂
Since life has been passing me by, I didn’t get an 8 month photo session in time 😦 BUT, I do have some pics taken shortly before she turned 8 months old. Here is our ball of fire wild child:
8 Month Favorites:
Ella has so many favorite toys, it would be impossible to list them all. I am going to highlight just the things that we used most this past month.
- Sippy Cup: Ella just started drinking from a sippy cup this past month. She loves water just as much as mommy!
- Polka dot tote bag: great for traveling or just to use as a multi-purpose baby bag. (Thanks Gram)
- Life Factory Glass bottle
- Joovy Spoon walker AGAIN
- Leapfrog My Discovery House which Ella received as a gift from a friend. She adores all of the noises.
- Puffs cereal: She learned to ‘chew’, so we started giving her puffs to gum on. They usually get stuck on her fingers, face, hair and just about everywhere except her mouth 🙂
- Squash stage 2 baby food. Orange veggies have always been a fav of Ella’s. She even likes her squash and sweet potatoes more than fruit.
- Mini chevron alice bows from James Monroe: cute, cute & more cute
- Peg Perego Convertible carseat: Yay to growing up! Ella is in a big girl carseat now and is facing forward on the backseat. I’m a big fan of Peg Perego products, so this is our second carseat purchase from this company.