Today not only marks Ella’s 7 month ‘birthday’, but also the day Ryan and I found out we were having a little girl! Last year on May 30, we went in for our gender reveal ultrasound and kept it a surprise until dinner. I remember being overwhelmed with happiness. I never could have imagined how happy she would make me.
Crazy how much can change in a month. Ella is quickly developing new skills and impressing us every day. Sometimes I just look at her cute little baby face and think how someday I will look at her and wish I could turn back time. The days are much too short.
Ella has mastered sitting on her own, pulling herself to a standing position, eats tons of baby food- meats, veggies and fruits, gnawed on her first corn on the cob, first lemon pucker, eats baby cereal puffs and even tries to eat my finger right along with it. Sadly, Ella is no longer getting breast milk 😦 Mommy had to throw in the towel on that one. Sorry Elle.
She loves to run around the house in her walker and scream, bangs her hands on everything she can, pulls her hair when she’s really tired, blows spit bubbles
watches golf with daddy,
completely head over heels for Warner & Kaycee- pulls their tails, hits their faces, and laughs at them constantly. Now Warner can feel the torture he puts Kaycee through on a daily basis.
Since Ella has started sitting on her own, she is no longer interested in the camera. I do still manage to get some good pics, but man, it is not easy! She is a little wiggle body and is always on the go. This month, we transitioned from the Puj tub in the sink to a blow up tub in our bath. She would play in the tub all day if we let her. We have had some HOT weather this month, so we’ve had lots of pool days. Thanks to Grandma for her new pool float.
The other day, Ella got up on all fours and crawled for her first time! She doesn’t make it more than a foot before she collapses, but she never gives up. She rarely sits still nowadays, I can’t imagine trying to keep up with her when she is crawling all over. Ella is a smiley little girl, full of energy and knows how to make mommy smile right along with her. This mom thing keeps getting better and better.
Wakes between 5:30 and 7 a.m.- There is no rhyme or reason with the consistency of her wake time. We put her to bed every night between 6:30 and 7 p.m., so it just depends on when she feels ready to start her day. Every morning, she wakes up happy as can be and plays and coos in her crib for at least 30 minutes before we go in and get her. We lowered her mattress since this was happening:
She gets her morning bottle as soon as we get her up. We do some serious cuddle time and some juggling in the mornings while we try and get ready ourselves. She eats cereal mixed with bananas and apples about an hour after she gets up. Playtime and then a 1-2 hour morning nap. When she wakes up from her nap, she is energized and ready for some action! Eats her second bottle and plays for a few hours until she starts getting crabby/tired. She usually takes a short 30 min-1 hour afternoon nap. We feed her veggies for a late lunch, followed by her third bottle. More playtime, pool, walk, shopping, etc. until 6:30 p.m. Bathtime, story, PJs, 4th bottle & good night!
Bedtime is never a struggle and always a perfect end to our days.
A month in review…
And now for Ella’s 7 month photos, minus the cute monthly sticker I use on the front of her shirt. She decided the sticker looked better in her mouth 😉 Thank you photoshop!
7 Month Favs:
- SwimWays Baby Spring Pool Float with Sun Canopy: Ella loves this float and I love the fact that it has a canopy to keep her out of the sun.
- Pottery Barn Kids Adirondeck Chair: Purchased during PB Kids Memorial Day sale. It was calling my name.
- B. Toys Zany Zoo Wooden Activity Cube: Although Ella can’t use this toy to its entirety, she loves laying on the floor and hitting the wooden squares so they spin around. Keeps her busy!
- Hair clips from Baby Gap: These are the BEST little clips and stay in all day. Now that Ella’s hair is long enough, these are my go-to bows.
- The First Years Jet Umbrella Stroller: After traveling with our expensive Peg Perego stroller and having it broken, we decided to invest in a less expensive, light weight umbrella stroller. We originally bought this solely for traveling, but Ella loves it so much, we now use it as her everyday stroller.
- Sophie the Giraffe Bath Toy: Just a cute little bath toy Ella can’t get enough of.
- Pottery Barn Kids Bug in a Tub Bath Toys: These little guys are the cutest squirt toys around. Ella likes to squeeze the water out of them and of course, put them in her mouth during bath time.
- Blow up tub: Since transitioning from the sink tub to our bathtub, this blow up bath was a life saver. Makes giving a bath much easier and allows Ella to splash around and not get hurt.
- 4Moms Breeze Play yard: LOVE this play yard! We recently started using this and it is now a daily activity for Ella. We put a bunch of toys in here and she stays entertained for