Another month came and went. Wish there were moments I could pause. Time is going by way too fast. Ella is quickly changing from a newborn to a baby. Her features are starting to resemble mommy a little! Yay!! Ella is still holding on to her baby blues and thin wispy hair (or peach fuzz).
Some of our fav Ella moments include listening to her discover her voice- cooing and her first laugh that sounded like a deep boy’s voice, open mouth kisses, BIG smiles when we talk to her and tickle her belly, her deep breaths and soft ‘purrs’ when she sleeps on my chest, watching her beat up her toys that hang above her in the crib (she literally looks like she’s mad at them), seeing her startle herself awake- she throws both arms out to the side, watching her get irritated during tummy time, her little bratty fits when she doesn’t want to eat, and last but not least, sitting in complete silence and getting startled by her monster farts! Who would have thought something so big could come out of something so small?
The past week, Ella has been just about sleeping through the night! Her typical night routine is: eats 4 oz. at 7p.m., followed by bath time and pj’s, a little playtime and down for bed (in her MamaRoo) around 8:00 p.m. We wake her at 10:00 p.m. to feed her before we put her back down for the night. We sometimes have to ‘force feed’ her at this time because she just wants to go to sleep. It’s usually a fun battle. <wink wink> After her bottle, we lay her in her nap nanny, (which is currently on our bedroom floor) and she falls asleep for the night. She has been waking up anywhere from 3:30 a.m.-6:30 a.m. and she goes right back to sleep after eating. I’m so happy that we have her on such a good schedule at such a young age! She is a great sleeper. <Smile>
Ella has ‘Grayced’ us with her 3 month photo shoot.
1-3 month comparison
There are no words for this photo.
Ella Hearts Daddy
Unhappy during tummy time
Staring at the fan
Three month Favs:
- BlaBla Doll– Mirabelle: used for tummy time
- Bright Starts Lights and Sounds FunPad: Ella loves watching the lights on this toy and listening to the music
- Joovy Spoon Walker: This is a brand new purchase and Ella already loves standing in this. Her feet barely touch the ground, but I think being in a new position is a nice change for her. Received great reviews, so I see this as a must-have.
- Serena & Lily Presidio Glider: Ryan and I literally live in this chair. Between feedings, playing, rocking and pumping, the glider has definitely been the most used purchase to date.
- BlaBla Doll– LuLu: used for tummy time and just looking absolutely adorable.
- Pottery Barn Kids Teethers: Even though Ella isn’t teething, she still likes to hold onto these in her little hands. She doesn’t quite know how to get them to her mouth, but still a fav toy this month.
- Dwell Studio Bib and Burb Cloth Set
- Ballerina socks from Baby Gap: Must-have socks for little girls. These are the only socks we have that actually stay on her feet!
- Denim jacket from Baby Gap: Too cute for words. It’s been pretty chilly and rainy this month, so Ella gets to wear the smallest, most stylish jean jacket I’ve ever seen. The inside has adorable polka dot lining.