It’s so hard to believe it’s already been one month since Ella was born. Everyone always tells us it goes fast, so be sure to enjoy every moment. I always thought that was just something people said, but I now realize it does go by fast! This has literally been the quickest month of my life. Ella has made me love in a way I never thought possible. Some of my favorite things she does that steals my heart every single day include, grunting while she eats, soft moaning in her sleep, when she tucks her legs up like a frog when I hold her on my chest, when she puckers her lips as if she is going to give me a big kiss, when she gazes around the room while laying on her changing table, the look of astonishment and content when placing her in her tub for a bath and when she smiles at me when I sing to her. Month one has been truly amazing.
To re-cap Ella’s weight gain & ‘Baby Wise’ feeding schedule for month 1:
6:00 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m., 9:00 p.m., 12:00 a.m., 3:00 a.m.
Weight: 8 lbs. 7 oz.
Length: 22 inches
Listed below are my 1 month ‘must-haves‘ as well as Ella’s 1 month photo shoot, compliments of her mother 🙂 I realize all 1 month photos are very similar, BUT it’s just so hard to choose which few are the best after looking at them for so long.
And now for my first month favorites. These are items I feel were the most beneficial in Ella’s first month. Listed in no particular order:
- Boon grass drying rack – used for Ella’s bottles, pacifiers after sterilization and breast pump parts.
- Itzy Ritzy peek-a-boo carseat cover – This is helpful with keeping the sun out of Ella’s eyes in the car and on walks.
- MamaRoo by 4Moms – We started out using this as Ella’s bed at night since she didn’t care for her bassinet. We transitioned her to the Nap Nanny shortly after to avoid her needing motion to fall asleep.
- Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Infant Carseat – Top safety ratings, which to me, is the most important. Although this carseat comes with a high pricetag, it was well worth the extra money.
- Puj tub – flexible tub that fits in the sink. Ella loves bath time.
- Nap Nanny Chill – We transitioned Ella into this bed during the night based off popularity and customer reviews. She sleeps so soundly in her nap nanny. Worth every penny.
- Medela Double Breast Pump – must have for nursing moms that like to have flexibility with baby’s feeding schedule. After several hours of research, I found this pump to be the most popular. Works like a charm!
- Dr. Brown’s bottles – We started Ella feeding with the Medela bottles, which we found to be causing too much air to get into her little tummy. We then switched to Tommy Tippie Closer to Nature bottles, and didn’t care much for those. Dr. Brown’s was a random selection, but is working best for Ella’s digestion, thus a personal favorite.
- Boppy Newborn Lounger – This is by far one of the best purchases to date. Ella loves sitting in her lounger and uses it daily. It’s not only cute, but functional to use in any room.